Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Shift In Vision, a Vote, and a Confirmation

So Larry at L&D has been great about this whole project and offered to paint the FJ40 too.  As you may recall, my original vision was to combine a rat rod, the family station wagon, and the Grave Digger.  I think I'll still be able to nail 2 of the 3.  With the new paint job, I believe the truck will be slightly more refined than a rat rod.  I'm almost sad to get a nice paint job but this Land Cruiser is going to be really top notch when it's done.  I've been really thinking hard about what color to do and I think I've narrowed it down to a few options:
Snowman white.

I think it would look something like this.

Cubbie Blue.
Here's my old Cubbie Blue car.  I miss it a bunch.

Dinosaur Brownish.

Like this.

Or some kind of silver or gray color again.



What a pickle.  If you have a preference, let me know and you'll probably help me decide!

Lastly, I'd like to wrap up the loose end concerning the big winner between the blog photos.  In case you're not up to date, I had two consecutive posts to gauge how marketable different photos were in terms of traffic to the blog.  The first was of Laya Bella:
And the second was of Schlitz beer:
Not surprisingly, Miss Bella beat out the beer.  As an interesting note, however, these two posts were the most popular pair by a really wide margin.  Haha!  I would click on these pictures too.  For a blog about rebuilding an old truck, it's funny how few people will read the post if it's accompanied by a picture of the vehicle itself.  Weird, hey?  This week we'll see how Frosty fares.

Next post will have pictures of the newly assembled transmission and transfercase as well as the engine as it comes back together...

1 comment:

Matt said...

All things considered, I see no reason to stray from the cubbie blue. If possible, white accents would be welcomed as a contrast, but that's just me.