Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Few Observations

So Blogspot.com tracks how many people view your blog and which country they're in and some other stuff that I can't imagine anybody cares about but it turns out there's a handful of people from France who have taken an interest in an old Toyota muscle truck build.  Pretty cool, hey?  Bonjour to you my Frenchy friends. 

Another interesting side note: I discovered this blog shows up on my facebook page accompanied by the photo in the post.  My last post had a picture of Laya Bella and, as it would turn out, I had the single biggest spike in page views since I started this buildup!  Haha!  I guess cars are cool but girls are better!  This time I might try another unrelated photo so as to rope in the target demographic:


Anyway, the engines have been pulled from both Cruisers and I feel like I've definitely made the right choice in terms of which engine to keep. Both trucks are pretty much gutted and we're ready to start doing the upgrades to the 400 small block. 
                                         Chevy 400 small block before upgrades

          '76 Land Cruiser underside with the guts out.  Yup that's the ceiling you see.


                        '72 Land Cruiser being used for nothing but storage - for now.




I sold the 350 for $500 which is a screamin' deal but now I don't have to worry about it.  I've also been able to sell the top and doors from the wrecked truck for a fair price too.  That helps me out with:
1. Buying more parts, and
2. Rationalizing my buying more parts
The roll cage from Metal Tech 4x4 got delivered today too.  Jeff at L&D is a bad dude fabricator and is going to weld it all up with frame tie-ins, front hoop, and stinger. 

So far my biggest concern has been the drivetrain for the new truck.  The '76 has better components but some stuff was wrecked in the accident.  What a pain.  The next post will go into the details of bypassing the compatibility issues between the two models.  Most people probably won't care but a few Cruiser buffs might be interested to know what I found out.  Au revoir mes amis.

p.s. In my verifying the French phrase above, I typed it into google and the following forum post popped up:

"Hi, I'm doing the radio show again tomorrow and this week I've got to do a "can't speak French" item on the zoo!

I think the following phrase is correct but I thought it would be better to be safe than sorry! After all, I'm far from brilliant at French!


"Au revoir mes amis morts"

(I'm looking to say "goodbye my dead friends" - as in literally dead [they were eaten by leopards])

Thanks,

Dillins"


Hahahahahahahahahaha!

No comments: