Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Note on Silver Linings...

OK, so by now everyone knows about the accident that prompted this whole rebuild.  As it would turn out, car wrecks completely suck but I wanted to write about some really cool things that have come out of it.  The day it happened, my 6-year-old daughter, Nora was pretty upset.  She didn't see me before she went to school and she started crying once she got there.  That night, she brought home about 10 drawings that kids in her class had colored for me to help me feel better.  Pretty neat, huh?  About 20 guys at work offered to help with the rebuild and my buddy Andy offered to keep my wrecked up Land Cruiser in his driveway while I worked on it.  Complete strangers I talked to because they had been selling Toyota parts on Craigslist were emailing me to make sure I was alright and checking to see if they could help.  I even had someone make me a cake which fell victim to their cat prior to delivery but, hey, it really is the thought that counts!  Of course, Larry at L&D Transmission has been unbelievable with his generosity and his willingness to help.  He has offered to do work to the truck that I would have never even considered.  Of course, both Land Cruisers are being stored at his shop and all he has asked for is parts and some referrals.  Done and done.  I can't really express how appreciative I am for all the support I've received.  I suppose I can start by just saying 'thank you'.  The next post will cover our specific plans for the rebuild.  They're pretty bad ass, actually.

No comments: